This kit makes makes drinking easier by controlling the flow of liquid|||ARK’s Cip-Kup™ makes drinking easier for beginners and/or individuals with oral motor difficulties. It features a unique valve that controls the direction of fluid – liquid flows up into the straw, but does not flow back down. Simply squeeze the bottle until fluid reaches the top of the straw and release. Fluid will stay at the top of the straw, thereby decreasing the effort required to drink. A full straw also reduces the air ingested, and so users experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids. Highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have difficulties generating and maintaining suction (a weak suck).
Kit includes: 1 flexible bottle with a twist-on cap, 10 standard drinking straws, 8 inches of polytubing (a reusable, chewable, durable alternative to straws), 1 select-flow valve (can be trimmed to increase the flow and further decrease the effort required to drink), and one ¾” yellow Lip Blok (discourages biting on the straw or inserting it too far into the mouth).
- Bottle made in Germany. All other parts made in the USA
- FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Bottle measures approximately 2.5 x 2.5 x 5″ and holds 8 fluid ounces
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- If you’re using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: “nectar” consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, “honey” will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. “Pudding” does not work, as it’s too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
- Compatible with most standard .25″ diameter straws should you need more down the road.